Police & Safety

How do I submit a crime tip?

The Floyd County Sheriff's Department offers an anonymous Crime Tip Phone number of 812-948-FCSD or you may submit your anonymous tip through their website at the address below

Floyd County Sheriff's Department Website

How do I report an American Disabilities Act (ADA) issue?

To report an ADA issue,  please contact Don Lopp, ADA Coordinator at 812.948.4110 or via email at [email protected]

How do I report a Pothole/Hazardous Road Condition on a County Road?

The Floyd County Highway Department is responsible for the repair of all Floyd County bridges and patching of all county roads and highways.* 

*Please note the Floyd County Highway Department is responsible for County roads and not for streets within the City of New Albany limits. Please contact the City of New Albany Street Department concerning potholes on city streets.

Contact Floyd County Highway Department


812.923.3041 / 812.923.9472

Contact Email

[email protected]


How do I report an environmental issue?

To report an environmental issue please visit the Floyd County Health Department's website and complete an Environmental Complaint Form. 

Floyd County Health Department Website

What are the rules for cleanup and inspection of a property contaminated with drug making chemicals?

For more information on the State of Indiana processes when a clanestine drug making site is identified please click on the link below. 

Indiana Dept of Environment Management Website

How can I check Indiana road conditions?

The following websites include real time traffic data throughout Indiana.

INDOT - Indiana's Real-Time Traffic Conditions

IN Dept. of Homeland Security Travel Advisory

How do I search for properties that have been identified as prior clandestine drug making sites in my community?

The Indiana Methamphetamine Investigation System provides an online register of clandestine lab addresses. Please click on the link below for more information.

Indiana Methamphetamine Investigation System - Clandestine Lab Addresses Map

How do I sign up for the Floyd County Mass Notification System?

Floyd County, Indiana is excited to announce the launch of the Alert Floyd County Mass Notification System. The Mass Notification System is an Emergency Alert System that will alert the residents of Floyd County on weather, imminent threats to health and safety as well as informational notifications that affect your locations or work environments.

This service allows you to opt-in to receive notifications via phone calls, text messaging, e-mail and more based on locations you care about. You can choose to receive notifications about events that may affect your home, workplace and more.

Floyd County Residents click here to register!

How do I use the Text to 9-1-1?

'Text to 911' services allow people who are deaf, hard of hearing, and/or speaking impaired to access emergency call centers by sending a text to 911 in lieu of making a voice call. The service also allows residents in dangerous situations who are unable to risk the noise of a call to send a text for help.

If using 'Text to 911', please put your location in the message!

How do I view the Indiana Child Abuse Registry?

This registry provides access to information dating back to July 1, 2012 on criminal cases that may have resulted from child abuse and neglect charges. Per Senate Enrolled Act 357 (2016), this registry includes convictions for the crimes of neglect of a dependent, child selling, battery against a child, and all sex offenses against a child. Since age of the victim is unknown in the electronic court records used to inform this Registry, these findings are determined merely by whether there has been a conviction for an offense included in any of the aforementioned general categories. Further determination may be concluded by contacting the court of record in each matter.

Click here to view the Child Abuse Registry