Courts & Law

How do I search Court Records Online?

To perform an online search of court records please click on the link below. You may search using case number, citation number, party name or attorney. 

Click here for the Indiana Court Records Public Seach Website

How do I know if I have to appear for Jury Duty

The Courts start new juries each week. You will be advised of the length of the trial by the Judge when you are sent to Court for jury selection.

To find out if you need to report for Jury Duty, please call (812) 981-2761 beginning Friday evening after 4:30 p.m., for reporting dates starting the next week. A recording will announce what groups are required to report and when, have your juror number available. You may also visit the Floyd County Clerk's Website for more information on Jury Duty. 

How do I E-File a Court Case?

For more information on E-Filing please contact the Floyd County Clerk's Office at phone 812.948.5411 or visit www.floydcountyclerk.org for more information.

How do I submit a noise or sound complaint?

Citizens can report issues related to noise or sound complaints to the Floyd County Sheriff office 812.948.5400

How do I locate a Floyd County Ordinance?

Floyd County Resolutions and Ordinances are located at the bottom of the Floyd County Commissioners webpage. Please click here to visit the Commissioner's page of this website

How do I file for a Pro Se Eviction?

Please contact the Floyd County Clerk's office for information on Pro Se Evictions. 

Where can I go if I need help with my divorce?

You may seek legal advice at any time.  You also may qualify for free legal assistance.

 Local providers of free legal services are: 

Southern Indiana Pro Bono Referrals                                                     Legal Services, Inc.

P.O. Box 94                                                                                      3303 Plaza Drive, Suite 5

New Albany, IN  47151                                                                       New Albany, IN  47150

812-288-8002, Toll-Free Fax:  844-270-1025                                          812-945-4123

[email protected]                                                                         


Legal forms are also available on line at  http://courts.in.gov/selfservice.

You can check the status of your case at mycase.in.gov. 

My spouse doesn’t want the divorce.  What if (s)he won’t sign the papers?

 You can get a divorce even if your spouse does not want it.  You will have to tell the Court, in your petition and at the hearings(s), that your marriage has suffered an “irretrievable breakdown.”  This means that you cannot fix the problems in your marriage.  In Indiana, this is a reason for divorce and your spouse does not have to agree.