The Floyd County Commissioners recommend close adherence to Governor Holcomb’s May 1 directive regarding the state’s plans for reopening. This includes targeting June 14 to formally re-open government buildings.
Floyd County Solid Waste/Recycling Sites to Open
Upon review and in close adherence to Governor Holcomb’s May 1 directive regarding the state’s plans for reopening; Floyd County Commissioners in consultation with Tom Harris, MD, Floyd County Health Officer will reopen Floyd County Solid Waste/Recycling limited sites.
Floyd County Solid Waste/Recycling 3005 Grantline Road site will re-open starting Wednesday, May 6th from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Regular hours are listed below:
- Tuesday – Friday: 9:00AM to 5:00PM
- Saturday: 9:00AM to 2:00PM
Floyd County Solid Waste/Recycling Galena site will re-open starting Wednesday May 13th from 10:00AM to 5:00PM.
- Floyd County Solid Waste is making preparations for the expected increase in traffic and amount of recycling with extra dumpsters.
- Floyd County Solid Waste employees will be there to assist those who need assistance.
- Road signage, traffic queuing and CDC social distancing and guidelines will be enforced.
- Close adherence to Governor Holcomb’s May 1 directive regarding the state’s plans for reopening.
Please continue to visit our website for updates
Thank you for your interest in the Floyd County Solid Waste District. We encourage you to recycle in your home and in your business. If you have questions please contact us.
The Hazardous Waste site will now be located at 3005 Grant Line Road. This site will be open the 2nd Saturday of every month.