Soil & Water Conservation District
*Please note the Soil and Water Conservation District does not handle water or solid waste billing.
Notice of Annual Meeting
To all occupiers of lands lying within the boundaries of the Floyd County Soil and Water Conservation District, notice is hereby given that on the 3rd day of February 2020, beginning at 6:30 p.m., an annual meeting will be held for the purpose of making a full and due report of their activities and financial affairs since the last annual meeting and to elect a supervisor for the Floyd County Soil and Water Conservation District of the State of Indiana.
All land occupiers and other interested parties are entitled to attend.
The meeting will be held at the Mount Saint Francis Retreat Center in Floyds Knobs, IN.
The employees of the Floyd County SWCD are comprised of a board of elected supervisors, and an office staff of one.
Our classroom presentations are offered to schools, universities, clubs and public outreach programs free of charge. If you're a teacher wishing to schedule an appointment, please send an to Angel Jackson via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your preferred day of the week
- Time of day (morning or afternoon)
- Presentation topic
- Number of students
Board of Supervisors
The Board of Supervisors meet the first Tuesday of each month at 3:00 p.m. The exception is during the months of June and July. The board of supervisors meet on the first Monday of those months at 10:00 a.m.
- Dennis Konkle, Chairman
- Tom King, Vice Chair
- Alisa Perkins, Board Supervisor
- Marilee Burnside, Board Supervisor
- Ronald Wathen Sr., Board Supervisor
Application for Supervisors
Contact Soil & Water Conservation District
- For general questions about our office or any sales/workshops, contact Angel Jackson.
- For questions about classroom presentations, education outreach, or to schedule an appointment for an organization or club, contact Angel Jackson at: email@example.com
- For questions about site construction, erosion control measures, or to log a complaint about a construction site, contact Floyd County Stormwater at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Forms & Permit Applications
- Storm Water Quality Management Application Permit Form
- Soil & Water Conservation District Questionnaire
Soil & Water Annual Report
- 2019 Annual Report - Coming Soon
- 2018 Annual Report
SWCD Offers Funds for Invasive Plant Control
The Floyd County Soil & Water Conservation District announces funds are now available to landowners through the Clean Water Indiana grants.
Floyd County is offering funds for a new program to assist in the evaluation and eradication of invasive plants on your acreage. The SWCD is offering to pay a portion of the assistance provided by a consultant forester to help homeowners and landusers to identify invasive species on their property. This grant will also offer a trade-in payment for eradication and replacement of invasive plants in your yard. These invasive plants include the Callery/Bradford Pear Tree, Japanese Barberry, and Burning Bush.
For more information and cost-share rates and reimbursements, please contact Angel Jackson at the Floyd County Soil & Water Conservation District office at 812-945-9936.
“USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer and lender.”