Soil & Water Conservation District
The Floyd County Soil & Water Conservation District assists landowners with issues concerning land. The Soil & Water Conservation District can assist with inquiries concerning erosion control, land conservation and can provide additional information on additonal state and federal resources available to land owners.
*Please note the Soil and Water Conservation District does not handle water or solid waste billing.
Spring Fish Sale
Need to Stock or Re-stock your pond?
The District will be hosting their Spring Fish Sale in April. Orders will be taken in advance of the actual delivery from April 16th – 23rd. All orders must be paid in full prior to the deliver date.
Delivery will take place on April 25, 2018.
Please call the office for more information about selection and prices.
The employees of the Floyd County SWCD are comprised of a board of elected supervisors, and an office staff of three. Due to the mandate that supervisors represent their actual county of residence, our board of supervisors are all Floyd county residents that own property in the county.
Our classroom presentations are offered to schools, universities, clubs and public outreach programs free of charge. If you're a teacher wishing to schedule an appointment, please send an to Angel Jackson via email at: email@example.com
- Your preferred day of the week
- Time of day (morning or afternoon)
- Presentation topic
- Number of students
Board of Supervisors
The Board of Supervisors meet the first Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the district office. The exception is during the months of June and July. The board of supervisors meet on the first Monday of those months at 10:00 a.m.
- Tom King, Vice Chair
- Ronald Wathen Sr., Board Member
- Wanda Vance, Board Member
- Dennis Konkle, Board Member
- Maurice Stilger, Chair
Contact Soil & Water Conservation District
- For general questions about our office or any sales/workshops, contact Angel Jackson or Jade Bilyeu
- For questions about classroom presentations, education outreach, or to schedule an appointment for an organization or club, contact Angel Jackson at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions about site construction, erosion control measures, or to log a complaint about a construction site, contact Floyd County Stormwater at: email@example.com
Related Forms & Permit Applications
- Storm Water Quality Management Application Permit Form
- Soil & Water Conservation District Questionnaire