Building and Development Services
Floyd County will now accept permit applications, inspections requests, and payments through the new online portal known as eTRAKiT.
Click on the link below
The Floyd County Board of Commissioners re-established the Building and Development Services Department on January 2, 2018. The department’s mission is to provide efficient, effective and prompt service to residents of Floyd County interested in constructing, renovating, or rehabilitating residential and/or commercial structures.
Please refer back to this webpage periodically as there may be changes as the department proceeds with its reorganization.
Before you Build
1) Know Your Zoning District
2) Know Your Development Standards
Check out our Development Standards Guide or the Floyd County Zoning Ordinance (See in Documents & Applications Below)
3) Contact the Health Department
If your property has an existing on-site septic system or is going to use an on-site septic system, contact the Floyd County Health Department at 812-948-4726 or visit them at 1917 Bono Road New Albany, IN 47150.
4) Permit Application and Required Documents
Check out the Residential Building Permit Process or the Commercial Building Permit Process for a list of required information for each application (See in Documents & Applications Below). For a complete list of applications and helpful documents, click .
5) Still Have Questions?
Building Permit and Inspection Results Inquiry
If you would like to view inspection results or information related to an existing permit please contact us at [email protected]. Please note: Inspection results should be available within 24 hours of actual inspection.
To obtain a building permit in Floyd County for a new Single Family Dwelling, Addition, Renovation/Rehab or Accessory Structure such as garages, pools, etc., please review the following list and complete the online application using the online portal. For more information contact the Department of Building and Development Services.
2. Health Department Approval or Sewer Tap-in Receipt
•For New Dwellings: Septic Permit or Sewer Tap-in Receipt
•For Accessory Structures/Rehabs/Additions: FCHD Site Approval Permit (if septic is on site)
3. Site Plan Detailing:
• All Property lines & streets
• Location and size of all existing and proposed structures
• Setback distances from proposed structure to property lines and County right-of-way
• The location of all existing and proposed driveways
• The location of all drainage, utility, and road easements located on the property
• Arrows indicating direction of post-construction water drainage
• North arrow
Note: Applications for new single family dwellings require a site plan from an Indiana Licensed
Surveyor or Engineer
4. Copy of Recorded Deed or Purchase Contract
5. Building Plans Detailing:
• Elevations (front, back, both sides)
• Wall Section (cross-section), Stairway Detail, Deck Construction Details (if applicable)
• Door and window detail
• Foundation Plan
• Floor Plans for each level of building
For Manufactured Homes
• Pictures of HUD Data Plate and Data Label; or Indiana Modular/Mobile Insignia floor plans
• Pier layout tie-down/anchoring specifications
Paper Submission: To submit a paper permit application, contact the Department of Building and Development at [email protected] or call 812-981-7611