Tickets are often issued for traffic violations but also for hunting & fishing violations, littering, animal control and others. Failure to pay any ticket may result in suspension of your driver's license! If you get a ticket and you cannot appear in court at the date and time indicated on the bottom of the ticket you may contact the court at (812) 948-5413.

Payable Tickets:

If you have been issued a ticket that does not require you to appear in court, you may do one of the following:

  • Admit - the violation by paying the scheduled fine and costs on or before the date at the bottom of the ticket. The ticket must be turned in by Officer before we may accept payment. To pay a ticket, you may appear in person in the Clerk's office during regular business hours with cash, a cashier's check or a money order for the total amount. You can also mail your payment. We cannot accept personal checks for the payment of tickets. If you choose to mail in your payment, the officer should have provided you with an envelope addressed to the Clerk's office. A list of fines and the costs are on the back of the envelope. Find your offense on the list and get a money order or certified check for the amount listed. Mail your ticket prior to the court date. If you would like a receipt you must send a self-addressed stamped envelope. A paid ticket will be kept on record and points assigned. Click here for a list of fines: Ticket Fines
  • Deny - the violation by appearing in court on the date and time that the officer put on the bottom of your ticket. 
  • Talk - with the Prosecutor's Office about Deferral at your Court date. For general questions call the Prosecutor’s Office at 948-5422.

Please Note: To make a payment for a "payable ticket" you have the following three options:

    1. Make your payment in the Floyd County Clerk's Office.
    2. Make a payment over the phone by calling toll free 1-866-480-8552.
    3. Make a payment online by clicking here Floyd County Online Payment Service

License Suspension:

If your license has been suspended you need to first pay your ticket at the Clerk's Office. After the ticket is paid, the Clerk's Office will produce a form called an SR-16 and send it to the BMV to clear your license.

Floyd County Clerk
311 Hauss Square
Room 235
New Albany IN 47150

Monday-Friday 8am - 4pm
Holiday Calendar

Linda Belcher - Tickets

Moving & Non Moving Violation
Ticket Fines