Soil & Water Conservation District
The Floyd County Soil & Water Conservation District assists landowners with issues concerning land. The Soil & Water Conservation District can assist with inquiries concerning erosion control, land conservation and can provide additional information on additonal state and federal resources available to land owners.
*Please note the Soil and Water Conservation District does not handle water or solid waste billing.
- March 28th 6pm-8pm Cover Crop Workshop, call for more information (812) 945-9936
- Spring Fish Sale -order dates March 30th-April 13th -call the office at (812) 945-9936 to place your order -Pick up on April 20th at noon
- April 28th QPI Training, call for more information (812) 945-9936
- We currently have wildlife seed in our office available to pick up on a first come first serve basis
The employees of the Floyd County SWCD are comprised of a board of elected supervisors, and an office staff of three. Due to the mandate that supervisors represent their actual county of residence, our board of supervisors are all Floyd county residents that own a minimum of 10 acres in the county.
Our classroom presentations are offered to schools, universities, clubs and public outreach programs free of charge. If you're a teacher wishing to schedule an appointment, please send an to Angel Jackson via email at: email@example.com
- Your preferred day of the week
- Time of day (morning or afternoon)
- Presentation topic
- Number of students
Board of Supervisors
The Board of Supervisors meet the first Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the district office. The exception is during the months of June and July. The board of supervisors meet on the first Monday of those months at 10:00 a.m.
- Maurice Stilger - Chairman
- Wanda Vance - Vice Chairman
- Tom King - Supervisor
- Bradley Hutchison - Supervisor
- Ronald Wathen Sr. - Supervisor
Contact Soil & Water Conservation District
- For general questions about our office or any sales/workshops, contact Patty Coleman at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions about classroom presentations, education outreach, or to schedule an appointment for an organization or club, contact Angel Jackson at: email@example.com
- For questions about site construction, erosion control measures, or to log a complaint about a construction site, contact Jade Bilyeu at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Forms & Permit Applications
- Storm Water Quality Management Application Permit Form
- Soil & Water Conservation District Questionnaire